A hearing of Marton-cum-Grafton’s application to quash the planning consent to build a giant incinerator at Allerton Park is to be held on 30 and 31 July 2013.
This is the objective towards which we have been working since North Yorkshire County Council granted consent earlier this year to treat all of the county’s municipal collected waste at Allerton Park near Knaresborough.
Whilst many people may think the battle was won when Government decided the plant was unnecessary and withdrew £125M of public money from the project, this is not the case. North Yorkshire County Council appears as determined as ever to build this wasteful and hugely expensive white elephant.
Winning at Judicial Review is the only way to ensure the plant is not built in its present form and we URGENTLY need your support to raise funds for this legal battle.
Many of you have made promises or given pledges to help pay for the legal team’s efforts and we now need you to send your money ASAP to the campaign.
If you have already given, please consider giving more: a generation yet to be born, as well as tens of thousands of residents and council taxpayers, will thank you for it.
Details of how you can contribute are at the end of this newsletter. All money raised by NYWAG is being committed to supporting Marton-cum-Grafton Parish Council’s action.
If you would like to help raise funds, want further information or meet with the team to discuss the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minerals and Waste Joint Plan – Many of you will have received a brief document about the plan either by post or email and you will have been asked to reply by June 28th.
We have been scrutinising this document and the related material, which is proving an enormous undertaking.
We will reply in full but our initial response is
- There is not enough time for members of the public or Parish Councils to read all the information and analyse it;
- There needs to be much more emphasis on dealing with waste locally – the proximity principle;
- There needs to be much more re-use and recycling;
- NYCC should delay the final commitment to the Allerton incinerator until the Minerals and Waste Joint Plan has been completed.
We recommend that you request hard copies of all the documents and the Sustainability documents from Colin Holm on 01609 536493.
Ways to send money to support the campaign
• Send a cheque made payable to “NYWAG” for as much as you can afford to The Treasurer, Nywag, High Farm Grange, Hopperton HG5 8NX.
• Bank transfer to NYWAG – account no 81280139, sort code 40-12-28
• Paypal – click one of the “Donate” buttons on the right